Thursday, July 23, 2009

Back To School!



So... I have been praying like a crazy person about what the next steps are in my calling to become a pastor. I have decided that I am going to go back to school!

I had been praying about my next steps and had mentioned to Sarah that I was thinking about maybe going back to school. Well, a few weeks later Sarah comes home with a folder with some information about GCU's online courses and more specifically about the BA in Christian Studies program. So I checked it out, did some research, compared other schools and well... I sent my application in on Wednesday, filled out my FAFSA stuff and signed a bunch of paperwork and it looks like I will be starting on August 31st at Grand Canyon University.

How crazy is that! It just felt like a God thing the way things started to fall together, how cool the enrollment counselor guy is, Just how perfect it is. I give all the glory to God. Sarah and I discussed that taking on debt (by way of student loans), to ultimately fulfill Gods calling on my life is an "irresponsibly, responsible" thing to do.

My Grandpa sent me this passage to encourage me and I pass it on to you.

Psalm 37:3

3"Trust in the Lord, and do good; Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness. 4 Delight yourself also in the Lord, And He shall give you the desires of your heart. 5 Commit your way to the Lord, Trust also in Him, And He shall bring it to pass. 6 He shall bring forth your righteousness as the light, And your justice as the noonday."

No comments: