Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Christian Music...


I need help. I have an issue I am going to share with you. I mean this is a problem I have and I am admitting this is a problem I need to fix.
Every time I hear the words "Christian rock band" I cringe. Then when I actually hear "Christian Music" I get agitated and pissed. I think Christian music is terrible. There I said it. It sucks (to me). It all sounds the same, it's cheesy over the top "I love Jesus THIS much" music. Even the names of the groups sound the same Chad-W-Micheal-Hall-David-Smith or whatever and it's like they are all covering the same song! Now praise music during worship, that's different. When I sing a song to my Lord it can be whatever (as long as it's not distracting). But "Christian Music" just all sounds like its ripping off secular music. There are bands out there that are outstanding out there that just so happen to be Christian. These band tour with secular bands and get a bad rap from the "Christian Music" world... last time I checked even Marilyn Manson needs Jesus. I remember P.O.D. got crap from everyone when they toured with Manson and Zombie and some of those other guys, even Chevelle (who I love by the way) just happens to be Christian.

I need to get over it. I need help. I'm just irritated. The same way I am irritated that "Christian Movies" usually suck!

I need you (who ever reads this) to recommend some GOOD Christian bands that don't suck. I have been turned off by Christian music for so long I havent even had the patience to search for any. So I am looking for some recomendations of music that's so good, and NOT over the top that I could have it on at a party and say "hey interesting fact, these guys are a Christian Band" and the reponse would be "WOW! But these guys are really good"

Peace out

1 comment:

ryan balliet said...

underoath!!!!!!!!!!!!