Wednesday, June 24, 2009

No title...

I have been praying about next steps in my calling to become a pastor. I do not think I am anywhere near qualified, in regards to being a pastor. But it doesn't matter what I think, God can use me just the way I am. God can do amazing things with so little.

I think I have been putting God in a box and that isn't right. I have been trying to be the puppet master to God, turning Him into more of a genie than an all knowing, powerful, loving God. I have grown so much in my relationship with God by having more of a 'relationship' with Him. I have been trying to keep the perspective that He is my heavenly father. (Josh Burcham wrote a very good fathers day post. You should definitely check it out)

So I want to "cut the strings" if you will, and give God even more control of my life. I want to abide in Him and I want to do whatever, whenever, however, and I want to give Him glory and praise in my walk and my relationships in life. I want to be a true Christ follower. Someone who gives without asking for anything in return, loves for no other reason than to love, as God loves me. I want to be last, so someone else can be first, I want to see joy and hope in other people's lives and I want to see God change those lives. I want to rely on my heavenly father to provide for me and give me comfort in troubled times. I want to bring the GOOD NEWS to other people. The good news being, that there is a God, who loves us and wants to be with us. He sent His only son to die for us on a cross, and all He asks from us is to believe that Jesus is His son. To believe that someone perfect came and died for an imperfect people. To believe that we cannot do it on our own, but that we need Jesus.

There is so much going on in my head right now. I am definitely going to write more this weekend. As well as change the rotors out in Sarah's car, they are warped and that's why her car vibrates when she puts on the brakes. ANYWAY... I have to go. Later

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I second this motion! great post!