Thursday, December 27, 2007

AVP-R


I watched Alien Versus Predator: Requiem yesterday with my Dad and Brother. Overall it was good. I will probably buy on DVD. Before I get into what I did and didn't like about this movie, I will tell you what I didn't like about the first AVP.

The first AVP had a decent story with crap action. It's PG-13 rating only allowed for mild violence, so we didn't get to see any skinned bodies hanging upside sown (a trademark of the Predator franchise) and the action was very, I don't know, made for TV. We also had a love story or whatever with the female lead and the predator. Yeah it was gay, they were buddies :o) So I was disappointed in the first AVP.

The second AVP was great when it came to the action (rated R by the way). At the start of the film we pick up where the other movie left off. An alien egg hatches from the deceased predator body aboard a predator ship, this "predalien" hybrid downs the ship and kills it's crew. The ship crashes outside a small town in Colorado. The predalien survives and so do a few facehuggers, the aliens begin to wreak havoc on the townsfolk. Meanwhile on the Predator home world, a predator nicknamed by the world wide web as "wolf" (a reference to Harvey Kietels character in Pulp Fiction) is dispatched to "clean up" the mess. Boy what a mess. Like I said the story was "eh", we were introduced to characters, but we didn't care about them. The dialogue was very generic. Overall I would give this movie 3 out of 5 stars. The action was awesome!

No comments: