Sunday, January 6, 2008

Back to California

My baby brother Justin Dakota Popovich, I'm sorry PFC Popovich, Justin D. took the long journey back to Camp Pendleton, his permanent duty station for the next 5-6 months. Please pray for him as we don't know exactly where he'll go after that. We have been told either Afganastan or Japan. We're hoping its Japan... I have to be honest for a moment. As much as I would hate for my brother to be in danger for his life... I think it would suck for him to not see any action, he has been under the most intense training of his life, they have been teaching him how to fire his weapon and how to kill in close quarters combat. I think if it were me and I have been training for months in combat and that training is all I have ever known and then I don't get to see any action for the duration of my stay in United States Marine Corps (the best branch of military by the way) I think I would come home and probably kill someone! So I think it would be cool for him to go to the "sand box" fire a couple rounds into a terrorist stronghold, overtake the enemy and come home safe with a few medals on his chest. Above all I pray for his safety.

Sarah proof read my post for me and I asked her what she thought and she said:

"your not hoping he gets into danger, he's a bad ass and he needs to know it by blowing a couple bad guys away"


1 comment:

Sarah Popovich said...

You should plan a visit around his birthday! Or do you think he is planning on coming home for the weekend?