Sunday, January 6, 2008

Eating sushi as an act of worship?!?

Here me out... I had an amazing Saturday. First off I went and shot my new gun at Ben Avery Shooting Facility. It was nice I was there for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours and put about 200 rounds through my Stoeger. Then I came home cleaned my gun relaxed a little bit. Then Sarah and I went to Deer Valley 30 and saw Atonement... It was good it wasn't great but it was good. I'm not gonna review or recommend it, it was a sad chick movie, that's pretty much it. Anyway here's the best part. Sarah and I then went to RA sushi. We ordered 3 rolls, a fried calamari roll, shrimp tempura roll and a crazy monkey roll. It took forever for our rolls to come out so the waitress offered us a dessert or appetizer and we opted for the pork gyoza (pot sticker). So now I'll skip to the crazy monkey roll. It has smoked salmon, cream cheese, and mango all rolled up with avocado, cashews, and tempura flakes on top with some sweet sauce drizzled on top of that. The texture is a bit crazy but the flavor explosion is out of this world.

As I devoured my half of the roll piece by piece I was filled with joy and appreciation and all I think to do was praise God for giving me taste buds, praise God for giving the chef the talent to create such a tasty dish. The point is all I could think of while I ate the BEST crazy monkey roll I have ever had, was praising the all powerful, wonderful, loving God who pours out his abundant gifts to us. I would like to think that appreciating the sushi on Saturday was an act of worship in giving glory to God and his prodigal nature for the infinite flavor combinations he gave us in this wonderful world.

1 comment:

Andrew Burcham said...

I hate sushi...but I know what you mean. Praise God!! for all the wonderful flavors he made us...he didn't have to